Patient Info » Dermatology in Akron, OH
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 8:30-4:30 pm
MOHS Surgery Hours: Mondays 8:30-3:00pm
*Appointment dates/times vary based on providers
If you are unable to keep an appointment, we ask that you kindly provide us with at least 24 hours notice. This courtesy, on your part, will make it possible to give your appointment to another patient. If you repeatedly miss your appointment, our office will give you a warning and then a “no show fee” will be charged if it continues.
- If you are a new patient please arrive at least 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Please bring your most current and/or up to date insurance card.
- Please bring a list of current medications and allergies
- If you are a new patient, please complete patient forms online or bring a printed copy.
These recommendations could reduce your wait time, and enhance your experience at our practice.
Please fill out the Patient Registration. We prefer it to be submitted electronically; however depending on the accessibility of your personal computer, you may need to print the form and submit the form in person.
Please update your Preferred and Permitted Contact Information if it has not been done within the last year.
Existing Patient LOGIN
The following directions will help you navigate through the Portal making it convenient for you to stay up to date with your health records. For example, you can receive test results, request prescription refills or send a secure message to us.
Login with the username and password listed below.
Username: First letter of your first name, last name, date of birth (without the year)
For example: Joe Smith, date of birth: 01/21/1958. Login would be: jsmith0121
Password: Capitalize first initial of last name + last 4 digits of SSN For example: Smith1234
After your first login, you may choose to change your password. To do this, please click on RESET PASSWORD, located on the upper right hand corner of the page
*Important: Microsoft Internet Explorer users, please switch to Chrome or Firefox as your primary web browser to Login, as Microsoft Internet Explorer is not supported at this time.
*Please Note: To fully take advantage of the advanced features and view these forms as intended, you will need to be using Adobe Acrobat Reader. Don’t have it? Download it for free by clicking here.
The patient’s insurance policy is a contract between the patient and his or her insurance company. However, all charges regardless of the insurance coverage are the patient’s responsibility and the patient is ultimately responsible for any unpaid balances. Akron Dermatology bills the patient’s insurance and makes every effort to ensure that claims are promptly and correctly processed. Akron Dermatology also bills patient’s secondary insurance when patients provide complete insurance information.
- Patient co-pays are expected at the time of service, and any remaining payment is due in full. We accept cash, checks, money orders, and credit cards, (VISA, MasterCard, and Discover).
- If patients can’t pay their balance, they are to contact the Billing Office. There are several ways a patient can pay their bill, including possible payment plans, and the Billing Office representative will work with the patient.
- Payment for uninsured patients is expected at the time of service.
- Cosmetic payments are due on the date of service and are never submitted to the insurance company.
Akron Dermatology is contracted with a large variety of insurance plans. To get the most accurate and up-to-date information, contact your insurance company for details about your plan and information regarding in-network providers and referrals. If you have any insurance questions do not hesitate to contact our office.
- Aetna (HMO Referral Required)
- Aultcare/Prime Time Health
- ChoiceCare Network (PPO)
- First Health/Coventry
- Great West – Cigna
- Humana Health Plan of Ohio
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- Mutual Health Services
- Ohio Health Choice
- Ohio PPO Connect
- Oscar Insurance, (Cleveland Clinic + Oscar)
- OSU Health Plan
- Quality Care Partners Network
- RR Medicare
- The Health Plan/Secure
- Tricare (2nd Only)
- United Health Care – Employer-based only
- UnitedHealthCare Medicare Advantage Products
- Veterans Administration Non-VA Care (Referral Required)
Akron Dermatology uses the EMA-Dermatology from Modernizing Medicine EMR (Electronic Medical Records) System to let us utilize ipads for effective medical documentation. We link to our scheduling program from MicroMD that connects to a patient reminder system that should send you a phone message 2 days before your appointment. Our billing system is now able to accept online payments. We hope to leverage technology for efficiency without compromising the doctor-patient relationship.
Resident – Medical Students:
As Dr. Mostow is Chair of the Dermatology Section in the Departments of Internal Medicine at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) and Akron General Medical Center, we sometimes have medical students or residents (physicians in training) in our office. We appreciate your cooperation when having the students involved in your visit and care, but we will fully respect your right to decline your involvement or participation at any level. In general, they are observers and are rarely involved with any procedures in practice or significant care.
- Cosmetic Information Form
- Acne Handout
- Wart Handout
- Sunscreen Handout
- Botox Handout
- Juvederm Handout
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery Patient Info
- Patient Instructions Befor Mohs Surgery
- Patient Instructions Post Procedure
Click here for HIPPA Information or visit U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Research study for those with open venous leg sores or ulcers. For More Information...
For more details, call the Wound Center at 330.344.1122